The Dept. of Information Technology, at the Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, was established in the year 2007. The department is renowned for its quality education, placement, discipline and conducive learning environment for the students. We are proud of the success of our student alumni over years in industries like Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Data 64, Tally, HCL Technology, Accenture, and many more. A handful percentage of students have gone for higher studies in reputed the institutes of India and abroad. Careers in IT are well paying and in high demand, hence our students face competition from engineering students of other branches and have to show their creativity and passion for IT. The aim of our accredited four year B.Tech. programme is to enable students to acquire specialized scientific knowledge, as well as to provide a basis for their personal, social and cognitive development.
4 years B.Tech course in Information Technology.
- To provide high standard platform to students for learning through latest resources.
- To provide high standard infrastructure and enhance state-of-the art equipment for making our students technologically up-to-date.
- To inherit career linked domain skills for higher studies and employment.
- To develop good human being for nation building.
Since its inception the department has been recognized for excellence in research and teaching. The department has a thriving research environment with active with active research groups in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Complex and Social Networks, Data and Web Mining, and software Engineering. Graduates from the department are frequently recruited by both academia and industry, and ex-students of the department occupy top positions in both academia and industry all over the world.
The future outlook for Information Technology students is indeed a bright one. Most students that come out of Information Technology dept. have a job already lined up for them when they graduate, because there is a high demand for Information Technology specialists, and not nearly enough people to fill the positions available at the time. There are bright career prospects for information technology professionals or software professionals in recent scenario. With the opening of huge software and IT companies in India, the demand for trained professionals have increased considerably. India is known to be a leader in software and IT sector. Information technology graduates pass outs find job opportunities in a variety of environments in academia, research, industry, government, private, business organizations and so on.
To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in the field of Information Technology to serve the society.
- To build a quality and cutting edge technology infrastructure and deliver quality, prompt and reliable technology education services.
- Establish and maintain an effectiveacademic environment for students.
- Engage in emerging research areas and establishing leadership.
- Contribute to the community services at large as well as catering to socio-economic goals in local and national levels.
- PEO1: To prepare students to excel in graduate school or technical careers through a world-class, rigorous and competitive program in the field of Information Technology.
- PEO2: To train students across the spectrum of basic and applied science, recognizing and exploiting common descriptions in disparate systems.
- PEO3: To train students with sufficient scientific and Information Technology breadth to design andcreate novel solutions to real-life problems in computing domain.
- PEO4: To develop student’s professional and ethical attitudes, effective communication and teamwork skills, and an ability to place science and computational issues and solutions within the broader societal context.
- PEO5. To provide students with an academic environment committed to excellence and innovation that contributes for developing role ready individual with leadership, professionalism, and life-long learning for professional careers in the field of Information Technology
- Our coding team Find and Fix participated in the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2017 at Pune College of Engineering under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Sumit Kumar Singh, Alumni of IT, GNIT, successfully secured admission in M.TECH in Machine Learning & Computing (through GATE) at the prestigious Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram with scholarship from MHRD.
- Ms Ankita Saha, student of 3rd year is the winner of prestigious “Sananda Tillotama, 2015”.
- Ms Sampurna Mitra, final year student of IT, won the national award on 13th May, 2016 in "Words of Wisdom" - slogan writing competition, organized by WIPRO Technologies.
- Students are member of student Chapter of Institute of Engineers (IE) and Indian Society for (ISTE) Technical Education.
- Students were selected for the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2017, which is our honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream project, at Pune College of Engineering under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and have earned accolades.
- Our students actively participated in ACM ICPC (one of the largest international coding competition), 2017.
- As per the “Make in India” vision of the Prime Minister, students are building different hardware/software projects which can be implemented for solving real life problems.
- Students are engaged in various indoor and outdoor sports/cultural activities.
- Students have participated and won trophies in various Intra and Inter college Cricket tournament.
- Students publish their research papers in different International and National Journals and Conferences.
- Students displayed their hardware project models in International Kolkata Book fair, TESSARACT and other reputed institutions.
- The placement record of the department is excellent with students placed in reputed companies like Amazon, Infosys, Data64, TCS, IBM, Accenture, CTS, Capgemini, Wipro and many others.
- Multimedia Lab
- Project Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Departmental Library
Major Programmes Organized
- Seminar on Android Application Development
- Seminar on Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security
- Workshop on Green Computing
- Parent mentor meet (in every semester)
Amazon Development centre India,2016
Digital Forensic Analyst , Data 64,
Sumit Kumar Singh
Pursuing higher study in Machine Learning & Computing (through GATE) at the prestigious Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram with scholarship from MHRD.
ICICI Bank, Relationship manager
Placed at TCS
Winner of JIS Samman placed at Capgeminni India Pvt. Ltd.
Associate IT Consultant, at ITC Infotech
Capgeminni India Pvt. Ltd.
Present Student's byte:
I got placed at IBM & Amazon. The professors / teachers groomed me at each and every step and showed me the path to success.
I am very much grateful to the department of IT for offering very much useful information in many fields of technology. I got the opportunity to attend the Internship programme at ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Bangkok. I got selected through the IT department to attend Infosys Campus Connect Programme.
I am so much thankful to my department. It helps me to gather knowledge about new technologies. My department provided me the opportunity to attend ERICCSON CAMPUS COMMUNE PROGRAMME, and in turn, I got selected in the company in the third year itself.
These four years of my life in GNIT's Information Technology department have been great. From the beginning, faculty members have been very helpful. During the campus placement, apart from family members, my department has boosted my confidence and I cracked my dream job at Capgemini.
My teachers are my friend, philosopher and guide. Thank you GNIT.
Alokeparna Das Roy
I am proud of my daughter, Deepshikha Roy, a final year student of Department of Information Technology, GNIT. The faculty has always been a true guide to her. They have a strong mentorship program which helps the students very much. All these have helped her to get a job in Capgemini and I am very thankful to them.
My son Dipto Sarkar, is the students of 3rd year, IT. It’s an amazing campus. One of the most beautiful campus ever seen by me. Beside study there is a good practice of involving there students in various extracurricular activities. All the faculties provide guidance in every phase of his carrier development.