Computer Science Engineering is the branch of engineering which studies elements both from electrical engineering and computer science and applies it to the making and development of computers and computer-based systems. Due to the rapid development of computer technology, multimedia and information technology, computers are not only being used in industries, but it is widely use by individual. And this is in line with the vision of India to become a modern industrial country in the coming future.
Computer engineers build computers such as PCs, workstations, and supercomputers. They also build computer-based systems such as those found in cars, planes, appliances, electronics, phones, communication networks, and many other products. Computer engineers typically design not only the hardware, but also much of the software in computer-based systems.
JOB PROSPECTS & CAREER OPTION
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), an evergreen branch of study, is the foundation of the information revolution and is highly suited to people who are creative, enjoy solving puzzles, like to design and build things. This field of engineering provide ample opportunities both in industry as well as higher academics. Although equipped with lifelong skills that they can use in a whole variety of jobs: from management to consulting, from programming to information systems administration, from IT and ITES companies to any company, large or small.
Computer engineering graduates find job opportunities in a variety of environments in academia, research, industry, government, private, business organizations and so on. They are involved in analyzing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media equipment, or working in teams for product development. The software and IT companies are the major employers of computer engineering graduates. With the creation of Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC), there is an explosion of job opportunities which needs the application of computer technology, multimedia and information technology (IT). Graduates are able to seek employment as System Programmer, Analyst Programmer, Network Engineer, System Support Specialist and System Engineer.
Admissions to any of our programmes offered are strictly following the guidance of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formally known as West Bengal University of Technology). Aspiring students can submit the duly filled Application Form. Admission will be through the relevant Admission Committee. All candidates should have a valid rank of WBJEE / AIEEE / CEE-AMPAI and allotted a seat through WBJEE / CEE-AMPAI counseling. Students allotted a seat has to take admission within a stipulated time notified by the concerned authorities at the time of counseling & allotment.
Intake: 120 (GNIT)
DEPARTMENTAL VISION AND MISSION:
- To empower the budding engineers with creativity and dreams for nation building in the perspective of global challenges of competitiveness and technological innovation
- To educate and train young students at the under-graduate level to prepare them to become the leaders with excellent quality in engineering profession.
- To make responsible citizens with character determination and Compassion to serve and contribute significantly for the betterment of mankind.
- To meet the demands of technical manpower in the field of Computer Science and information technologies by a well-designed teaching-learning process
- To inspire the students to pursue higher studies and research in the interdisciplinary areas of engineering and management education.
- To bridge between industry and academia through regular industry-institute interaction and train the students through will designed course-curriculum with laboratory experimentations, industrial training, and projects.
- To impart quality education for achieving the excellence by amiable teacher student interaction and mutual exchange of ideas amongst the students, distinguished visiting professors and industry personnel.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEO)
- The graduates will develop the ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, Advanced Computing and basic engineering to meet desired needs by formulating and solving engineering problems by applying proper techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The graduates will develop the ability to work under broad spectrum in a global and social context with professional and ethical responsibilities
- The graduates will develop the ability to communicate effectively to function on multi-disciplinary teams and on contemporary issues.
- To create recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long earning
PROGRAMME OUTCOME (PO)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues,
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- An ability to understand and use the latest software tools and security issues in the world of modern Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology