Electrical Engineering (EE)
About the Department
Department of Electrical Engineering, Guru Nanak Institute of Technology has started its auspicious academic journey under the West Bengal University of Technology, presently MAKAUT-West Bengal since 2003. The Department have got National Board of Accreditation (NBA) consecutively in 2009 and 2014 for its excellent performance in the arena of technical education. The department has experienced faculty members with Doctoral degree (PhD), and dedicated technical staffs.
The laboratories well-equipped with high value hardware experimental setup including industry oriented software packages. The Department provides world brand education in core engineering field which will help the budding engineers to apply the knowledge in interdisciplinary research and projects. To make the Electrical Graduate an industry ready, the department arranges industry visit, Soft skill and aptitude classes and also regular basis classes for qualifying GATE/PSU.
Eighty nine percent of students say services helps them feel like they belong at GNIT
Research & Publication
Award & Reward
Infrastructure Of EE Department at GNIT Campus
Faculty of Achievements for the department of EE GNIT
COVID Activities by Department of EE
Internships Recieved by students of EE GNIT
Vision of the Department
Our Departmental Vision is to impart world class education in Electrical Engineering and to produce new generation technologists & entrepreneurs with new ideas and innovations to meet industry expectations and requirement of advance research.
Mission of the Department
- Impart quality education and create a student centric learning environment.
- Develop the students’ ability to solve engineering problems and enhance critical thinking.
- Improve communication and management skills of the students.
Program Educational Objective
To impart Strong foundation in Science, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering for the students to become successful professionals and / or to pursue higher studies.
- To impart profound scientific & engineering knowledge to comprehend, analyze, design and create new thoughts / products for solving real life problems.
- To train students to grow ethical attitude, strong communication skills and capacity to relate engineering issues to social and environmental context.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.